Harmony ONE Guides by Easy Node ⚡ Professional Validators
Welcome to Easy Node's Guides for Harmony $ONE Protocol
You're probably already familiar at this point but Harmony Validators verify each block produced on chain with all of the current transactions. Beyond that there's two ways that people in the Harmony Ecosystem refer to a "Harmony Validator" item:
- Validator Wallet - A wallet is simply upgraded to become a validator wallet. On the staking portal you see the validator wallet addresses that were registered at creation time.
- Validator Server Node - The platform you use to create a wallet, create a validator, then later manage your "Harmony Validator Server Node" aka the computer running harmony using your wallet and your bls keys.
This section is our original Companion Guide. Learning everything by hand is necessary as there is no support or warranty when you run into issues on the blockchain!
In the New Validators Companion section of this guide we focus on teaching prospective validators how to prepare, install/run the software, and what to do afterwards. While using our guide along side the Official Harmony $ONE Validator guide. You'll want all of this knowledge to help you come election time as only you support yourself as a validator.
This site was created to help anyone become a Harmony Validator and also to help existing Harmony Validator's manage their nodes better and more securly. This guide contains the following main sections:
- New Validators will want to go through this guide to setup their first server. This will give you the base you need to succeed. Our guide matches up with the official guide to tell you page by page what info to look for.
- Experienced Validators will want this guide for installing Harmony on a new server via the validatortoolbox application.
- Post Install is where both guides converge to cover post installation, notes are added for items that can be run via the validator toolbox management menu and we also explain how to get the information manually or with a script.
This section is our Validator Toolbox Guide and has you covered to help you out with our Installer & Manage Menu application.
If you're a returning visitor you probably want the Quick Install instructions.
New Validators can take a look at our installer, but please, learn how to do it by hand first!
When using our guides or tips you can always assume the following things that aren't really specified in the Harmony Documents. We call this "The Easy Node Way" which helps with organization and security:
- Setup a user account to run harmony
- Don't use
harmonyas account names!!!
- We suggest your username as something like
- Use a folder in your user home directory to store harmony
- We suggest /home/serviceharmony/harmony
While no support is provided and you are your own help desk, you can always ask for help in...
- Harmony's Official Discord Server is the best spot for all things Harmony first for fastest response
- Harmony Official Mainnet Staking Telegram Channel is another great spot for Harmony questions
- We do field questions in our Discord server but we may take our sweet time to respond. Other users may provide assistance via our Discord server.